1. Pre-heat oven to 350° F / 180° C
2. In a bowl, add flour, sugar, and baking powder and mix well. In another bowl, thoroughly whisk together melted coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, and milk until creamy.
3. Mix the two bowls and divide the batter into three parts.
In one bowl of batter, add 1 tsp of butterfly pea flower powder and mix well. In another bowl, add 3 tsp of butterfly pea flower powder and mix well. Leave the last bowl of batter plain.
4. In a greased baking pan (or lined with parchment paper) add the three batters, alternating between the different types one spoon at a time. With the help of a chopstick or the tip of a knife, create the swirls.
5. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Allow the cake to cool for 10 - 15 minutes before removing it from the pan and slicing.
Recipe designed and photographed by Sweet Sensitive Free.
To make this cake vegan and gluten free, make the following substitutions.
Flour: 7 oz gluten free brown rice flour + gluten free starch
Eggs: 4.4 oz of vegan yogurt
Milk: 5 oz plant based milk