To make this recipe vegan use the following ingredient substitutions:
- Substitute butter with coconut oil
- Use vegan cream cheese
- Substitute the egg with a vegan option + 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Gather your ingredients and line a muffin pan with 6 liners.
2. Combine all ingredients for the base in a small bowl. Use a fork to mix until you have a consistent, crumbly texture.
3. Press a heaping tablespoon of crust mixture into each liner. Bake for 5 minutes, then let it cool.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the cheesecake layer. Whisk all the filling ingredients in a bowl, except Dragon Fruit Powder. It will take about 1 minute to get a smooth and creamy mixture.
5. Take ⅓ cup of prepared filling mixture and mix it with 1 teaspoon Dragon Fruit Powder.
6. Use the remaining filling mixture to fill the muffin liners. Then use the Dragon Fruit filling to dot the tops of each cheesecake. With a skewer or toothpick, swirl the batter to create a nice pattern.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 2 hours.